How can I change my electricity provider?

The procedure is simple: The only thing required is to fill in an Application Form and submit it to us along with the last settlement bill of PPC or any other electricity supplier.
No charge or change of the existing meters or network is required.

Until I switch my meter to WATT+VOLT, is there any possibility of power cut or damage?

There is absolutely no power cut, even for one minute, because the representation change happens on an accounting basis. There will only be a change at some entries in the Network Operator’s files and the customer’s representation changes automatically. The Network Division (DEDDIE) shall continue to be responsible for the sound and smooth operation of the network and the uninterrupted supply of all consumers, as before.

What happens to the deposit guarantee i was charged by my previous energy provider?

The deposit guarantee is returned by the PPC in the final settlement bill by setting it off. The customer then pays the exact amount of the deposit guarantee to WATT + VOLT with the first electricity bill sent by WATT + VOLT.

What is the Customer Succession procedure?

“Customer Succession” is the procedure that the customer must follow, in order to declare to the Supplier that the user of a property installation is going to change so that the consumption bills are properly issued according to the contract entered into by and between them. Examples of cases requiring such a change are:

a) in the case of property leasing, when the tenant is the user of the property and also the electricity consumer, while the property owner is the renter/ owner;
b) when the property’s use is granted to a person other than the owner whose name is written on the electricity bill; or
c) when the property is sold or its ownership is transferred.

It is necessary to state the change of the user of the meter, so that all bills shall be issued in the consumer’s name who is liable before the Supplier for paying the electricity bills in accordance to the contract signed by this consumer and not in the name of the previous user or owner. If the new user of a property (e.g. new renter or owner) wishes to change his electricity Supplier (be represented by WATT + VOLT), he/she must apply the procedure of Succession of Customer implementing the following simple steps:
Step 1. The respective Electricity Supply Application is submitted to WATT + VOLT.
Step 2. Additional documents must be produced along with the Supply Application, in order to justify that the user has the right of use of the said property, such as attested lease, purchase contract, authorisation, solemn declaration etc.
Step 3. The name of the previous Customer must be stated on the Electricity Supply Application (as shown in the last electricity bill for the property) and be noted that the subject is “Customer Succession”.
Attention: In any case, if the validity of the Installation Solemn Declaration of the property issued by a private electrician has expired, then the owner of the installation shall submit an updated Installation Solemn Declaration to the Network Operator (DEDDIE) within a reasonable period of time. It is reminded that the Installation Solemn Declaration is required for reasons of safe operation of the property’s electrical installations. If the property’s installation does not have an updated Installation Solemn Declaration, then the Network Distribution Operator has the right to disconnect it.

What is the duration of an Electricity Supply Contract?

The duration of the Electricity Supply Contract is indefinite. The customer, nevertheless, is entitled to terminate it without any additional charges. This termination becomes active 45 calendar days after its submission date.

Why being a part of WATT+VOLT’s network could be an advantage for me?

Our vision is to offer to every greek consumer, integrated electricity services. Customers can save up to 12% of their electricity consumption cost, depending on the selected program or package.