Is there any possibility that the Network Operator (DEDDIE) shall distinguish the customers of another Supplier and proceed to their power cut?

No. The National Electricity Distribution Network is common for all suppliers and consumers, and there is no selective distinction and separation among the customers by the Network Division (DEDDIE).

Who is responsible for attaining my meter readings?

The Network Division (DEDDIE) is responsible for the measurements of low-voltage meters as before. The Network Operation Division sends these measurements directly to WATT + VOLT. We then proceed to the billing according to these measurements.

Whom should I contact for checking my meter if i believe it is damaged ?

If your meter is damaged, you must notify HEDNO (Hellenic Electricity Distribution Network Operator).

More specifically, you must fill in the APPLICATION FOR METER INSPECTION (click here to download it) and either send it to WATT+VOLT by email at [email protected] or by fax at 210-3619835, c/o Customer Service Department, or directly to the offices of HEDNO (address: 20 Perraivou & 5 Kallirois Str., 11743, Athens, tel.: 210-9281698, email: [email protected]).

You must fill in the following information:

  1. Number of Meter
  2. Full Name
  3. Address
  4. Amount in EURO*
  5. Location
  6. Date
  7. Signature

*If the inspection shows that the meter functions properly or at 5% by approximation, then the following relevant inspection charges apply:

€29,35 plus V.A.T. for single-phase supply meter

€38,15 plus V.A.T. for three-phase supply meter

€61,63 plus V.A.T. for three-phase supply through current transformer or medium voltage supply

However, if the inspection shows a dysfunctional meter, our team corrects the bill and replaces the meter for free.

For this reason, and in any case, you must first perform an inspection yourselves: Shut down the main switch of your electrical board (in-house installation) and check if the meter’s disk is rotating (which means that it records energy). If the disk is rotating, this means that it is likely that you have an electricity leakage, so you must immediately call an electrician to check your interior electrical installations. If the disk is not rotating, then you must follow the procedure described above.

For further relevant information, such as the fine you have to pay if you refuse inspection during the on-site visit for inspection by HEDNO’s crew), you can visit the website at: https://www.deddie.gr/el/upiresies/vlaves-diakopes-reumatos/vlaves-xrisimes-plirofories.

Who should I contact in case of damage or interruption of electricity supply?

You ought to contact the Hellenic Electricity Distribution Network Operator (HEDNO). Contact them at 800 400 4000 (free of charge from landline and mobile 24 hours a day), or you can visit the website at www.deddie.gr.